For Korea Visa Holders

1. Korea VISA?

  • AceRent helps foreigners, who wish to stay more than 90 days within Korea, to have the Alien Registration Card (Foreigners Registration Procedure for Korean Visa Holders). The following information is to help you have a better understanding of Korean Visa, prior to make the Alien Registration Card in Korea.
  • Visa is a kind of endorsement or acknowledgment, whose specific meaning differs from country to country. Generally speaking, however, it is used to mean one of the following two things; One being the 'permission to enter' a given country, and the other being the 'consul's recommendation for a foreigner's entry request.' In case of Republic of Korea, the latter definition is used. Therefore, even if one were to have a Korean visa, one can still be denied entry to Korean soil should an immigration officer find some requirements unsatisfactory after inspection.

General Visa Issuance Flow

  • Upon visa application, applicants must submit all required documents the status of stay, which must suit the purpose of their visit.
    General Visa Issuance Flow
  • Applicant's Document Submission
  • Authorities/ Embassy Consulate, Approved Authorities/ Minister of Justice
  • Application
  • Examination
  • Permission Request
  • Review
  • Permission
  • Visa Attached / Issued
  • Issuance

Certificate for Confirmation of Visa Issuance Flow

  • Upon filling out the visa application form, please specify the visa issuance approval number, which was send to you via e-mail or cellular phone.
    Certificate for Confirmation of Visa Issuance Flow

Procedure within Korea

  • 1. Foreigner to enter Korea
  • 2. Inviter
  • Applicant, Handling Authorities/ Immigration Office,
  • Acceptance, Examination, Permission, Informing Visa Issuance Permission No.
  • Submission Documents :


    -Application of Certificate for Recognition of Visa Issuance

    -Other Documents

  • *Confirm of Permission ARS (02-2650-6363)

Procedure to Embassy/ Consulate

  • Foreigner to enter Korea
  • Applicant, Handling Authorities/ Embassy/ Consulate
  • Acceptance, Permission, Issuance of Visa/ Issuance
  • Submission Documents:

    -Application of Visa Issuance (Written Certificate for Recognition of Visa Issuance No.)


2. Visa type Guide

  • The following information is to examine whether you need to have a foreigner registration in Korea. This information is to help Korean visa holders to process the Alien Registration Card (Foreigner Registration Card) Issuance within Korea.
  • Foreign Registration Exemption: A1-3 Visa Holders and Family, or D1, D6, F1, F3, G1 visa holders with Canadian Nationality who intend to stay in R.O.K less than 6 months.
A1 Dipolomacy
  • Foreign diplomatic mission, or Staff of foreign Consulates
  • Those exempted or possessed with similar privileges as diplomatic Missions based on Agreement or international Custom.
  • Family Members of Personnel meeting the requirements above
A2 Official Business
  • Those that execute their official duties of foreign government or international organization
  • The family members of the above
A3 Conventions / Agreements
  • Those that are exempted from foreign registration according to an agreement
  • Direct family members of the above
C1 Temporary Journalism
  • Those seeking to collect news materials for a short period of time that are dispatched by foreign journalistic organizations such as newspaper, broadcasting station, magazine, etc.
  • Those seeking to collect news materials for a short period of time in accordance with the contract with foreign journalistic organizations.
  • Those seeking short term stay for arrangement of a branch of foreign journalistic organization. (if they wish to stay after the establishment, they must apply for D-5 status)
C2 Short Term Business
  • Those arranging the establishment of a branch of foreign corporation or corporation with inward foreign direct investment. self-employees who purchase
  • Those that are self-employed, and seeking to make purchase.
  • Those entered for consulting or contract, that were invited by the Korean public/private organization
  • Those in trade business that seek to acquire knowledge of installation, repair, inspection, or operation of machinery (except those being paid for such acts)
C3 Temporary Visit
  • Those that are going to stay for a short period of time for tourism, transit, visiting relative, conference, culture and art, com training, religious ceremony, collecting academical datum, or other similar reasons (Must not be for profit)
  • Those who want to be invited to receive medical treatment at medical institution in Korea by the hospital or inviter with permission of the Medical Services Law
C4 Temporary employment
  • Those seeking make profit from performance of music, fine arts, literature, etc.(Whose period of stay is under 90 days)
  • Those that are seeking to make profit through performing arts such as entertainment, music, play, sports, advertisement, fashion model, or others of the like.(Whose period of stay is within 90 days) Those seeking engagement in the field of research or technical training that apply to the following:
  • Those seeking engagement in the research of natural science or development of high technology
  • Scientists seeking make a study in the institution which is under the Special Treatment Law as to Defense Industry Company
  • Those seeking offer expertise of the natural science or the technique of special field of industry in the public or private corporation.
  • Those seeking employment through contract with public or private corporation, whose period of stay is within 90 days. Those dispatched under contract, that are provided with compensation such as the cost of staying.(Whose period of stay is within 90 days)
  • Those seeking engage in the field of IT (information technology), e-business, BT (bio-technology), NT (nano-technology), new composite material, transportation facilities, digital appliances, or environmental energy in the domestic corporation with the recommendation of the Minister of related Ministries.(Whose period of stay is within 90 days) ; Field of IT: the Minister of Information and Communication ; Others: the Minister of Commerce, Industry and Energy
D1 Cultural Arts
  • Those that perform artistic or academic activity which does not make profit
D2 Overseas Study
  • Those seeking to earn a degree (bachelor's or higher) or conduct a specific study at a college, university / graduate school set up under a provision of the Education Law or at the educational facilities set up under a provision of the special law
D3 Industrial Training
  • Those fulfilling conditions set by the Minister of Justice, that are seeking industrial training in the following firms:
  • Enterprise with outward foreign direct investment under the foreign Exchange Law(D-3-1)
  • Enterprise which experts technology aboard with the Minister of Justice's confirmation for the industrial training(D-3-1)
  • Enterprise which experts industrial equipment abroad under the Overseas Trade Law(D-3-1)
D4 General Training
  • Those who study Korean at the language school attached to a university.
  • Those that are engaged in the educational facilities, the national or public research organization, foreigner investment company or at company that made an investment abroad.
D5 Journalism
  • Those seeking to collect news materials in Korea that are dispatched by foreign journalistic organizations such as newspaper, broadcasting station, magazine, etc
D6 Religious Affairs
  • Those that are dispatched to the chapter registered in Korea by the foreign religious body or social welfare organization
D7 Supervisory Intra-Company Transfer
  • Employees of local branches of foreign organizations the principle belong to.
  • Those carrying out the organizations establishment procedures in proxy.
D8 Treaty Investment
  • Employees of foreign investment corporations the principle are or will be employed for
  • A person who carries out the corporations establishment procedures in proxy
D9 Treaty Trade
  • Employees of organization that the principle manages, or is considered to be an essential employee.
  • Employees of an organization that the principle wished to work for to supervise / manage the industrial setup and productions
  • Those carrying out the organizations establishment procedures in proxy
D10 Job seeking
  • Recognized person by the minister of ministry of justice, who wants do training or job seeking to be E1-5, and E7.
E1 Professor
  • Foreigners qualified by the higher education Act, that are seeking to give lectures or conduct a study in an educational facilities.
  • High-quality human resources of science
E2 Foreign Language teaching
  • Those seeking position of foreign language instructor at foreign language institutions or educational facilities (primary school and above)
  • Qualification: Natives of the country whose mother language is the one they are teaching. In addition, they must have acquired a bachelor's degree or higher from that country.
E3 Technological Guidance
  • Those that offer special technology or expertise at a public/private organization; to Korean nationals or corporations, based on the regulation of Foreigners Investment Promotion Act
  • Other than above, those that offer special technology or expertise not available in Korea.
E4 Technological Guidance
  • Those that offer special technology or expertise at a public/private organization
  • Other than above, those that offer special technology or expertise not available in Korea.
E5 Profession
  • Those with an authorized foreign certificate of qualification which is approved by the Korean law
  • Aircraft pilots that are recommended by the Minister of Construction and Transportation
  • Doctors with the latest medical science skills seeking work at the following medical organizations recommended by the Minister of Health and Welfare
  • Those seeking work as a essential staff of the shipping service hired by the Korean transportation corporation
E6 Arts/Entertainment
  • Those seeking to make a profit with performances related to music, fine arts, literature, or others of the like.
E7 Special Occupations
  • Employees of local organizations the principle have been hired to work for.
E9 Non-professional Employment
  • Those that satisfy the required conditions based on the Law of Foreign Employee's Employment
E10 Vessel Crew
  • Those seeking employment as a vessel crew in a ship operating passenger transportation business or freight transportation business that applies to the Marine Law
F1 Family Visitation
  • Locally residing relatives of the principle
  • Those willing to take care of the principle locally
  • Those willing to invite the principle
F2 Residency
  • The spouse of Korea national
  • The spouse of the one with permanent residence status (F-5 visa)
F3 Dependant family
  • Family member of the Working Visa Holders.
F5 Permanent Residence
  • Among necessary conditions for permanent residence, a foreign high investor and a foreigner of superior ability in specified fields.
G1 Miscellaneous
  • Those that do not fall under any of the other categories of visa, seeking stay for more than 91 days in Korea, and applies to the following:
    1. Those that are placed under medical care
    2. Those involved in legal proceedings
H1 Working Holiday
  • Those from countries that signed the MOU or Agreement on Tourism Employment, whose main purpose is tourism, but are seeking employment for a short period of time to pay for the travel expenses

3. Obtaining Permission to Engage in Activities Beyond the Limits of Current Status

Foreigners who seeks to carry out activities beyond the limits of their current visa status (hereafter "unauthorized activities"), without changing their status of stay must receive permission to do so prior to actually engaging in the said activity. Should the aforementioned activities become the main purpose of their stay, such permission will not be granted, and they must therefore re-enter with a new visa or apply to change their status of stay. Those with single-entry visa for less than 90 days of stay are not permitted to carry out unauthorized activities.
Obtaining Permission to Engage in Activities Beyond the Limits of Current Status
  • Applicant
  • Application of permission for engage in activities beyond the current visa status(Immigration Office)
  • Examination
  • Permission

    - Permission for engage in activities beyond the current visa status affixed on the passport

    - Description on Foreign Registration Card

  • Rejection

    - Information the cause

  • Period

    - Before carrying out the activity of different residence status together

  • Attached Documents

    - Application of permission for engage in activities beyond the current visa status

    - Passport

    - Foreign Registration Card (If applicable)

    - Attached Documents per Status

    - Fee: 60,000 KRW (Except for D2: 10,000 KRW)

    * Subjects can vary under different circumstances.

4. Visa Status Change Procedure

Foreigners who seeks to change their current visa status. In practice, applicants should re-enter with a new visa. However, within a limited condition, under severe examination, those of the qualified and well-prepared will be granted a permission to change a status of stay without leaving this country.

5. Single/ Multiple Visa

Korea Visa Holders (foreigners) who wish to travel outside of Korea must obtain Multiple Entry Permit.

Single Entry Visa

Only a single-entry is permitted for the duration of the visa.
Valid for 3 months from the date it had been issued.

Multiple Entry Visa

Multiple entries are permitted for as long as visa remains valid.

Fee for changing a single to multiple entry visa

appox. KRW ₩50,000
* Subjects above might can vary in accordance with different circumstances.

Application for Alien Registration in Korea

Qualifications for application

  • A foreigner who intends to stay in Korea for more than 90 days
  • An individual who gives up Korean nationality and gains a foreign nationality
  • A Korean-born foreigner who was born in Korea and intends to stay in Korea for more than 90 days from the date of receiving residence status.

Exemptions from Alien Registration

  • Individuals engaged in Diplomacy, Official Missions and Agreements and their families (A-1, A-2, A-3)
  • Citizens of Canada intending to stay in Korea for less than 6 months who fall under one of the following statuses: Culture/Arts (D-1), Religious Works (D-6), Visit & Stay with Family (F-1), Family Dependency (F-3) and Others (G-1)
  • Individuals undertaking diplomatic, industrial, or other important duties for national security, their family members, and other foreigners for whom exemption is deemed necessary by the Minister of Justice.

Alien Registration Procedure

The following chart shows a Procedure of Foreign Registration.
Foreigner Registration procedure
  • Submission of Application for Foreign Registration : At Immigration Office or Branch Office Under Relevant Jurisdictions
  • Issuance of Foreign Registration Card : Registration as Foreigner affixed in the Passport

Common required documents

  • Passport
  • Application form
  • 1 color photos (3cm x 4cm)
  • Process Fee: KRW 10,000 (Government Revenue Stamp)

Other required document as according to the status

Status Required documents
Culture/Arts(D-1) A document proving Culture/Art organization (a copy of business registration, etc)
Overseas Study(D-2) A certificate of studentship
Industrial training(D-3) A copy of business registration
A medical certificate
A certificate of subscription in insurance regarding delayed payment
General training(D-4) Korean language training at a university : A certificate of studentship
Elementary,middle,high school student : A certificate of studentship
Other training : A document proving foundation of training organization (a copy of business registration, etc.)
Journalism(D-5) A certificate of approved establishment for branch, or a copy of business registration
Religious Affairs(D-6) A copy of business registration
Supervisory Intra-company Transfer(D-7) A copy of business registration
Coorporates Investment(D-8) A copy of foreign invested corporation registration
A copy of business registration
Treaty Management(D-9) A copy of business registration
Job Seeking(D-10) No additional document
Professor(E-1) A Copy of business registration
Foreign Language Instructor(E-2)

·Instructor at a university, private institute, etc.
  - A copy of business registration
  - Original medical checkup including drug test(TBPE test) and AIDS test(HIV test) issued within 3 months from the application date

 ※ Medical checkup should be issued by general hospital, hospital, clinic under Article 3 of the Medical Law or public health center under Article 7 of the Regional Health Law or medical center under Article 8.

·Native instructor invited by the Ministry of Education
  - A copy of business registration
  - A result for TBPE test and HIV test by general hospital, hospital, clinic under Article 3 of the Medical Law or public health center under Article 7 of the Regional Health Law or medical center under Article 8.

·"Presidential volunteer scholarship student" invited by the Ministry of Education
  - A copy of business registration

Research(E-3) A copy of business registration
Technology Guidance(E-4) A copy of business registration
Special Profession (E-5) A copy of business registration
Arts & Performance (E-6) A copy of business registration
A medical certificate(domestic hospital)
A negative result for HIV test
Specially Designated Activities (E-7)

·A copy of business registration
·Instructor at a foreigners' school, foreign educational institute or international high school
  - Original medical checkup including drug test(TBPE test) and AIDS test(HIV test) issued within 3 months from the application date

 ※ Medical checkup should be issued by general hospital, hospital, clinic under Article 3 of the Medical Law or public health center under Article 7 of the Regional Health Law or medical center under Article 8.

Non-professional Employment(E-9) A copy of business registration
Vessel Crew(E-10) Business license of coastal passenger transport or a copy of business registration regarding coastal freight
A medical certificate(domestic hospital)
A certificate of subscription in accident insurance or insurance regarding industrial disaster
Visiting and Staying with Relatives (F-1) Visiting/Staying with relatives : Birth certificate or family register, certified copy of resident registration for whom living together
Domestic help : ①at diplomatic or consular personnel's: copy of the official's ID card ②at foreign high investor's: copy of the employer's alien registration card
Residency(F-2) Chinese resident abroad: N/A
A spouse of Korean national: Korean's certificate of marriage showing marriage status, Korean's certified resident registration, Korean's reference
Family Dependency(F-3) Spouse or parents' alien registration card copy
Permanent Residency(F-5) A copy of business registration
Miscellaneous(G-1) N/A
Working holiday(H-1) Itinerary or activity plan
Certificate of employment or a copy of business registration (in case of being at work)
Working Visit(H-2B,D,E,F) Resident registration card or family register
Working Visit(H-2C) Resident registration card or family register
A certificate of studentship(issued in last 1 week) and copy of alien registration card
※ Overseas Koreans (F-4) : See eligible to report of Domestic Residency
※ Permanent Residency (F-5) : Same as required documents upon change of status (permission of status)
※ The official in charge may ask you additional documents after screening basic requirements.

Importance Notice to Alien Registration Card Holders

* Alien registration is valid for one year and foreigners should renew their alien registration within one year.

1. Returning Alien Registration Card

Foreigners Obliged to Return the Card

Under one of the following conditions, foreigners should return their alien registration cards to the Immigration Office.
  • On final departure date of a registered foreigner
  • When the registered foreigner abandons his/her foreign citizenship and acquires Korean nationality
  • Upon the death of the registered foreigner
  • When the registered foreigner becomes exempt from alien registration

Return Period

  • Foreigners planning leave the country for good should return their alien registration cards upon departure.
  • When a foreigner gains Korean nationality, the person should return the alien registration card within 14 days of his/her acquisition of Korean nationality. When returning the alien registration card, the foreigner should submit a Korean nationality verification certificate and give up the foreign nationality verification certificate.
  • Upon Death: The alien registration card should be returned within 14 days of acknowledgement of death or within 30 days of death. Medical report, inquest report, or other death verification documents should be submitted with the returned alien registration card.
  • ※ Penalties will be imposed if alien registration cards are not returned within the required periods.

2. Alien Registration Card Re-issuance

* Alien Registration Cards are issued at the Immigration Office under appropriate jurisdiction

Reasons for Re-issuance

  • Lost or stolen registration cards
  • Damaged registration cards
  • Lack of space for necessary items to be displayed
  • Changes in details on the existing card (name, sex, birth date and nationality)
  • * Application for re-issuance must be made within 14 days of the above reasons

Required documents for Re-issuance

  • Passport
  • Application form
  • Document stating reason for re-issuance application (where lost)
  • 1 color photo (3cm x 4cm)
  • Old registration card (if existing card is rendered useless from wear/tear, lack of space, or change of details arise)
  • Process fee: ₩10,000 (Government Revenue Stamp)
  • Where to Apply: Local Immigration Office

3. Separate Issuance of Alien Registration Card (Age of 17)

Foreigners applicable to the following must receive separately issued Alien Registration Cards.
  • Foreigners who are listed as accompaniments to their parents or legal guardians on their registration cards, and have reached 17 years of age
  • Those seeking separate issuance of Foreigner Registration Card due to departure or other such reasons of their parents/guardians.
  • Separate applications for issuance of Foreigner Registration Card must be made within 60 days of reaching 17 years of age.

Required documents

  • passport
  • 2 color photos (3cm x 4cm)
  • Alien Registration Card

Foreigners' Reporting Obligations

1. Reporting Obligations of Changes of Particulars on Alien Registration Card

A registered foreigner should report the changes of information on a alien registration card to a local immigration office of jurisdiction under one of the following circumstances.
  • When the name, sex, date of birth or nationality of a foreigner change
  • When the passport number, date of issuance or expiration date change
  • When the organizations of foreigners with one of the following visas; Culture/Arts (D-1), Study (D-2), General Training (D-4) changes its name.
  • When the organizations of foreigners under one of the following visas Press Coverage (D5), Religious Works (D6), Intra-Company Transfer (D7), Treaty Investment (D8), Treaty Trade (D9)changes its name.

Reporting Period

within 14 days from the date when the above causes take place. The registered foreigner in violation of this requirement should pay penalty.

Reporting Method

The principal or his/her agent should submit required documents to the Immigration Office under the jurisdiction.

Required Documents

  • Passport and foreign registration card
  • Application form of report on changes of particulars of foreign registration card
  • Documents verifying the changes

2. Reporting Obligation of Change of Place of Stay

When a registered foreigner changes his/her place of stay, the person should report it to the jurisdictional Immigration Office within 14 days from the foreigner’s move-in date. Penalties are imposed in breach of the obligation.

Required Documents

  • Passport and alien registration card
  • Report form of change of place of stay

3. Employer’s Declaration of Obligations

According to the Immigration Act, employers of foreigners or the heads of companies offering foreigners industrial training should declare to the Immigration Office within 15 days of the date when they know about one of the following causes. For the infringement of this obligation, penalties will be charged to employers or the head of company.

Conditions to Declare

  • In case of hiring, retirement or death of the foreign employee
  • When the hired foreigner’s place of stay is uncertain
  • When important information in employment contracts changes: when the contract period, name or location of the company, or employer changes, when the company sends the employee to another workplace, or when the foreign employee violates Immigration Law and/or other related regulations

4. Reporting Obligation of Foreign Students

For the efficient management of the increasing number of foreign and language students in Korea, the reporting obligation of foreign students is imposed on the head of domestic universities or graduate schools, where the D2 status foreign students study as well as on the head of university-affiliated language institutes, where the General Training (D4) status or Temporary Visiting (C3) status foreign students study the Korean language. If one of the following grounds for reporting arise, they must declare within 15 days of that date, or they will be fined.

Grounds for Reporting

  • When a foreign student admitted to a school or permitted to train does not register or is absent within the designated period
  • When the overseas study or training period is terminated for a foreign student because of expulsion or withdrawal, or when the whereabouts of the student are unknown

Driver's License for Foreigners

1. Exchanging Foreign license into Korean License

Notice: Nations of Driver’s Licenses Valid in Korea
  • A person with a driver’s license issued from a foreign authority shall submit required documents including the confirmation by the embassy to verify the authenticity of the license. If the license is true, it can be exchanged into Korean license after passing aptitude test or aptitude test and simple written test.
    ⇒ The requirement of simple written test is decided by the issuing nations of driver’s licenses valid in Korea.
  • Foreign licenses are only valid when it is a full license with valid term. No temporary, learner’s provisional, probationary licenses and driver’s permits and certificates can be exchanged into Korean license.

Required Documents

  • Applicants must hand in their foreign driver's license before being issued a Korean license in exchange.
    When it's time for you to leave Korea, you can get your foreign driver’s license by showing your passport and airline ticket.
  • Embassy certificate
  • Translated and notarized copy
  • Passport
  • Alien Registration Card or Domicile Registration Card
    (*those without a egistration card must wait until they are issued one to proceed with their application for a driver’s license.)
  • Three photos (3 cm x 4 cm)


  • Physical exam: ₩5,000
  • License: ₩6,000
  • Simple knowledge test (for those who have a domestic license which hasn't been recognized): ₩6,000

Notice: Nations of Driver’s Licenses Valid in Korea

(22 nations)
Nepal, East Timor, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Brunei, Samoa, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, India, Indonesia, Japan, Cambodia, Thailand, Tonga, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Taipei
(18 nations)
Guyana, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Haiti, Antigua and Barbuda, El Salvador, Uruguay, Chile, Canada, Costa Rica, Columbia, Panama, Barbados, Saint Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
(37 nations)
Georgia, Greece, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Russia, Rumania, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Moldova, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, San Marino, Serbia, Swiss, Spain, the Slovak Republic, Iceland, Ireland, Albania, Estonia, the United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Italy, the Czech Republic, Kazakhstan, Croatia, Cyprus, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Portugal, Poland, France, Finland, Hungary

※ Austria, For the holders of Korean driver's license issued after 97.1.1 Austria exempt exams, treat Korean license as theirs.
The Middle East
(9 nations)
Lebanon, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Jordan, Yemen, Iraq, Qatar, Kuwait
(39 nations)
Gabon, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Namibia, Nigeria, the Republic of South Africa, Niger, Liberia, Lesotho, Rwanda, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Botswana, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Swaziland, Sierra Leone, Algeria, Angola, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Equatorial Guinea, the Central African Republic, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Tanzania, Tunisia, Chad, Comoros
Those, who have a domestic license which hasn’t been recognized, must obtain a driver license as the same way Korean citizens do.

Driver License Testing for Foreigners

  • Bring your foreign driver license or passport.
  • The written test can be taken in English, Chinese, Japanese, German and French. The test is a multiple choice test with 20 problems.
  • Test preparation materials in English and Chinese can be purchased at driver license testing agencies.

2. International Driver License

  • A foreigner with a foreign issued driver license can drive legally in Korea with an international driver license for 1 year. But, the foreign license must not expire during that period.
  • An international driver license is for a foreigner not residing in Korea (visitor). Thus, foreigners registered at the Korea Immigration Service are strongly recommended to convert the existing foreign license to a Korean driver license because they are legal residents of Korea.

Required Documents:

  • Passport
  • Driver's license
  • Color photo (3.5×4.5cm or 3x4 cm)
  • Valid Term: 1 year from the date of issuance
  • Fee: KRW ₩7,000


  • Even if the term of international driver’s license is valid, according to international conventions or relative laws of the nation, the license may not be valid if the person has stayed in the nation for over 1 year. When driving with an international driver’s license, the person must have Korean driver’s license and passport in possession.
  • In many nations including the United States, a person driving with an international driver’s license must have Korean driver’s license and passport in possession. Otherwise, the person may be punished for unlicensed driving. The person needs to possess international driver’s license, Korean driver’s license and passport when driving.
  • If spellings of English names on international driver’s license and passport are different, or if signatures on international driver’s license and passport are different, the international driver’s license is not valid.
  • If one’s Korean driver’s license is invalid, the person may not drive with an international driver’s license in Korea. (relative regulations: the third clause of Article 96, the Road Traffic Act)
  • Korea is a member of Geneva Convention on Road Traffic. An international driver’s license issued by the nation which is a member of Geneva Convention on Road Traffic is valid for 1 year from the entry date in Korea. Also, since Jan. 1, 2002, an international driver’s license issued by the nation which is a member of Vienna Convention on Road Traffic is valid for 1 year from the entry date in Korea.
  • Nations in which international driver’s licenses issued by Korea are valid: member nations of Geneva Convention on Road Traffic
  • Nations of international driver’s licenses valid in Korea: member nations of Geneva Convention on Road Traffic and Vienna Convention on Road Traffic

Notice: Nations under agreement of the Geneva Conventions

Asia Oceania
(18 Nations)
Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Fiji, India, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, South Korea, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan
(15 Nations)
Argentina, Barbados, Canada, Chile, Cuba, Paraguay, Republic of Dominica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Peru, U.S.A., Venezuela
(31 Nations)
Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Vatican City, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, Monaco,Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden,Georgia, Turkey, England, Serbia
Middle East, Africa
(29 Nations)
Algeria, Benin, Botswana, Central African Republic, Senegal, Republic of Congo,Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ghana, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Kingdom of Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Malta, Morocco, Namibia, Rwanda, Republic of South Africa, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Sierra Leone, Niger, Uganda, Zimbabwe

Notice: Nations under agreement of the Vienna Convention

(7 Nations)
Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tazakistan, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines
(34 Nations)
Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, France, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Norway, Poland, Romania, Moldova, Russia, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Macedonia, Ukraine, Armenia
Middle East, Africa
(16 Middle East, Africa)
Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Iran, Israel, Kuwait, Morocco, Niger, Senegal, Seychelles, Republic of South Africa, Zimbabwe, Liberia, Tunisia

Relocation Services Packages

Accommodation and facility management

  • We provide services to repair and manage facilities including appliances, furniture placed at the accommodations and even personal effects.
  • Purchase proxy service for living products- we purchase various living products on your behalf including kitchenware and electronics.

Convenient life service

  • We help foreign executives focus on work by enabling them to have a convenient life with our services including utility bill payment, separate garbage collection and gas meter check.
  • Introduction and brokerage of maid/babysitter
  • Delivery service- we apply for the delivery of various products including newspaper and bottled drinking water
  • Provision of information on activities for youths and spouses, various clubs and agencies

Communications service

We help you adapt to life in Korea fast by providing support for purchase and subscription regarding various communications device including purchase and service initiation of cell phone, purchase of laptops, and subscription to land-line telephone, satellite TV, Internet and Cable TV.

Medical and insurance support

We provides comprehensive information on medical services including methods to use medical facility and medical checkup, and various insurance products such as fire insurance in order to help you prepare for sudden diseases and injuries.

Financial errand service

We run banking errands for customers to open bank accounts of domestic banks, apply for credit cards, purchase T-Money card and provide information on how to use it, exchange currencies, and deposit and withdraw money to and from overseas accounts.

Network of emergency contacts

Through network of emergency contacts, we offer round the clock service for customers who face sudden accidents and emergency situations.

Preview / Look-See Trip

We help expatriates and their family members assess to the suitability and the compatibility of Korean lifestyle. Our look-see trip provides a snapshot of the Korea, including housing, schooling and other basic orientation in Seoul.
Previewof Sample Itinerary:
  • Housing Overview
  • City Orientation Tour
  • School Overview
  • Brief Tour of Medical Facility (English speaking hospitals, pharmacies)
  • Brief Introduction of Public Transport
  • Shopping tips (electronic goods, furniture, grocery and etc.)
  • Brief introduction of Cultural Benefits (cinema, museums, well-known restaurants, and other interesting places)
  • Meet Special Requirements (educational, dietary etc.)
Preview / Look-See Trip

Home Search

Once the criteria have been outlined (before the preview trip for best results) we detail housing that matches needs. We help make a selection that meets all necessary requirements and as many 'would be nice' criteria as possible. We show properties and narrow down 'possibles' to 'probables' and then manage the contract negotiations on behalf of the client.
  • Select Suitable Properties from Criteria
  • Narrow Down Suitable Properties
  • Accompany Clients to View Properties with our Long Term Partner Realtors
  • Lease Negotiations and Tenancy Management
  • Inspection of Premises, Inventory and Utilities Checks
  • Introduction to Surviving Korea (basic phrases & manners, security, emergency services etc)
Home Search

Document Assistance

Though South Korea is keen to open up to foreign business there are constraints, often of a historical nature, which can make it complicated to secure the correct paperwork. Our familiarity with the complexities of the Korean system helps navigate the sometimes murky waters of visas and associated paperwork.
Paperwork Assistance:
Document Assistance
  • Working/Family Visa
  • Alien Registration Card
  • Obtaining a Korean Driving License
  • Assisting with Purchasing Vehicles
  • Registration of Address
  • Pet Quarantine and Transportation


For the non-Korean the language and culture of Korea can be perplexing. This is exacerbated sometimes by poor English skills and lack of familiarity with foreign cultural needs. Our approach to move management helps to meet high priority needs on arrival and immediately after. We also connect expatriate families to reputable local service organizations and individuals to secure increased comfort. For a smooth transition to Korea there has to be a swift ramp up from nothing to a fully functioning home environment.
It requires a lot of necessities to be organized in advance of arrival and shortly thereafter. We assist with:
  • In-depth Tour of Neighborhood Amenities
  • Arrange Move Management
  • Furniture Purchase/Rental
  • Vehicle Purchase/Rental
  • Arrange Newspaper and Water Delivery
  • Connecting Utilities
  • Local amenities (food shopping, dry cleaning, places of worship)
  • Opening Bank Account/Credit Cards
  • Mobile Phone Purchase and Registration
  • Domestic Services (maid, cleaning, baby sitting, gardening, drivers, language tutors etc.)
  • Introduction to Entertainment/Activities

Cross Culture Training

Korean history and geography have produced a unique culture. This is usually a positive influence but there can be a downside. From the perspective of the non-Korean good 'soft' skills are of great importance to managing in Korea as well as vital in navigating day-to-day activity in personal lives.
Korea has a distinctive culture and being a good guest (as well as being effective in business) requires awareness of etiquette and behaving appropriately. Our partners can help with:
Cross Culture Training
  • Basic Cultural Statistics (geography, history, dominant philosophy)
  • Language (key phrases, sources of materials & classes to learn Korean)
  • Business Customs
  • Social 'dos & don'ts'
  • Understanding the Environment
  • Family Survival and Integration into the Community

Departure Program

In Korea, as in all countries, the end of an assignment and departure needs careful attention. We help manage the logistics of moving personal possessions out of Korea either back home or to a new assignment. We also help with ending contracts and terminating billing responsibilities. These include:
Korea has a distinctive and hospitable culture. Being a good guest (as well as being effective in business) requires awareness of the culture, etiquette and behaving appropriately. Our partners can help with:
Departure Program
  • Termination of Rental and/or Lease Agreements
  • Disconnection of Utilities and Telephone Lines including Internet.
  • Forwarding Mail
  • Disposal of Furniture and other Items
  • Recovery of Tenancy and Security Deposit
  • Coordination of Moving and Pet Transfer

Property Management

Relocation usually refers to the personal needs of expatriates and their families. In Korea expatriates usually rent property as a home. However, for commercial property there are more variables. Our commercial property expertise can be invaluable to our clients when location and equipment needs require updating.
We have extensive knowledge of commercial realty and a network of support organizations that facilitate expansion, contraction and development of existing property as well as new property business activity. We can provide advice and assistance on leasing, selling, buying, renovating and outfitting of commercial property.
Property Management

Accommodation management for expatriates

Management of house and accommodation resided by expatriates
AceRent provides a comprehensive service from a simple real estate management to various and complex administration depending on real estate contract negotiation. For example, AceRent performs extensive work, even addressing problems with leasers, defect repair, rent payment and complaints from tenants that might arise in the future. Moreover, based on its long-standing knowhow and network of house management, AceRent meets increasingly various customer demands from facility management to renovation.
AceRent holds database specifying all its services and make a report on a regular basis to live up to the demand from customers. Therefore, customers can manage time efficiently and commit themselves to their core work through outsourcing.
  • Check important issues and provide evidence photos before the tenant moves in
  • Check and manage obligations, regulations and others that tenants need to follow during the lease period
  • Connect various facilities including gas, electricity, water, telephone, and the Internet
  • Purchase and rental of appliances, furniture and kitchenware
  • Defect repair at accommodations and address problems
  • Pay utility bills on customers' behalf
  • Management of rental contracts such as rental contract renewal or termination
  • Collect deposits and terminate utility contracts for customers at contract expiration
  • Provide emergency contacts in preparation of emergency situations

Work Outsourcing

AceRent is a service provider to help customers concentrate on their job by decentralizing workload through outsourcing. This service includes a wide range of areas such as personnel and general affairs, property and real estate management, Korean culture experience and accommodation management.
AceRent offers optimal programs so that your business operates in an efficient and outstanding way by outsourcing human resource management, labor dispute arbitration, written disciplinary actions, and general affairs job to AceRent.
The Korean culture experience service of AceRent aims to help expatriates and their family members easily adapt to a new environment and enhance their understanding on the Korean culture. In addition, this service supports you in understanding the cultural differences for your business and producing the best results.
Based on its long experience, AceRent does its best to assist you for your business success.


AceRent proceeds with every process of relocation together with customers from start to finish in order to acheive a successful business goal. We select places suitable for the relocation objective and offer information on offices/buildings located in the selected area.
AceRent has experienced experts in corporate relocation as well as office interior design who help to minimize risks and reduce costs, while providing various quality services.